Saturday 16 April 2011

Seize The Moment

I had a most wonderful experience in the Chapters Store in Ancaster last evening.  I was looking for resources for preparing and promoting a keynote presentation.  I was working with the sales lady trying to find suitable material.  In doing so, I had the opportunity to tell her why I was looking for such material and I shared with her a bit of my journey to where I am today.  She was very interested and was inspired by what I am doing and the journey I have taken to get there.  She took down my information for this blog and my Facebook.  Unfortunately I didn't get her name.  (I sure hope you stop by to read it!)

Then, when I caught up with Stan again I was relaying my most wonderful experience to him.  There was a lady within earshot and she heard me saying how the young lady was inspired by my story.  So she boldly asked me to explain to her what I was talking about. Her daughter joined us shortly after our meeting.  I then took the opportunity to share with them what I am doing and why.  At the end we shared contact information and she would like to keep in touch and learn more.  I see this as networking - perhaps she will become a contact to run a workshop in the Hamilton area - who knows?

The sense of wholeness I now feel and the inspiration I am gaining from this experience and the ladies in my workshop is simply incredible.  It's definitely a win/win situation.  As I have told them, I am increasing my self esteem and self confidence as I go along and I am very hopeful that they are gaining the same.

The way I see it, my journey has just begun and I have so many aspirations, hopes and dreams that I will purposefully move toward.  For example, I am in the process of creating the outline for my book.  It will be a challenging but extremely rewarding undertaking I am sure.  I've been researching the publishing of a book which is quite interesting in and of itself.  I know that I am a very long way from that but knowledge is power and it is wonderful to be learning something that I really hadn't given thought to before.

Another aspect of finding oneself or validating oneself is personal branding.  I have had a Graphic Designer from Thinkink Graphic Design http://www.thinkinkgraphicdesign.ca/ come to design a personal brand for my "business" card.  As I don't actually have a business it is simply my personal brand, my contact information.  I am extremely excited to release it when we have the final product ready.  Thank you to Candace Armstrong - you are a creative genius!

So, as you can see, I am seizing every moment, every opportunity to inspire and encourage others.  I'm utilizing every opportunity to network and find opportunities to do what I am loving to do in this moment.  Thank you to everyone who is taking this journey with me and I am so privileged to be a part of your journey too.  If I can inspire you, encourage you or network with you in any way, please leave a comment and I will surely do what I can.

Until next time!

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment