Monday 18 April 2011

Taking the Chance and Stepping Out Once Again!

Well I did it!  Today I registered my business.  It's called Noticeably You.  I must admit that the prospect is very exciting but scary at the same time.  Now I'll have to get out there networking and promoting my business.

I do understand that many motivational speakers have to make free presentations in order to network their way into paid ones and I am so willing to do that. The message is more important than the money but it sure will feel great to make somewhat of a living at it!

It would be great to be hired to speak to grade seven and eight girls to help them understand self esteem, self confidence and the difference between the two.  The ideal would be to have them go into adolescence with a greater understanding of their worth and unique beauty.  This may keep them from making some serious mistakes along the way.  I'll work on this one!

This will be a challenging experience with quite a learning curve since I have never been closely associated with anyone who has run their own business.  I'm up for the challenge of tackling another of my life's goals and doing the best that I can at it.  I can't encourage you enough to allow yourself to dream, set some concrete goals and work at making them happen.

What an awesome segue into the lesson for my workshop this week.  Our Dreams and Goals.  Whether you are in my workshop or not, I sure hope that if you are reading my blog you find some encouragement, excitement and challenge for your own personal and/or professional development.

Until next time,

Val

2 comments:

  1. You positively ROCK!!! Good job!!! I am very proud of you and not only that I am honoured to know someone like you. You inspire me Val. Hugs for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebelthecoolcat, I just love you too!

    I am so thrilled to be making a positive impact on peoples' lives. I am honoured to know you too and you will certainly overcome all challenges and be stronger, better and all the more wise. Keep going strong lady!!!

    ReplyDelete