Thursday 8 November 2012

Ah Ha!

Have you ever had an Ah-Ha moment?  I have and I hope that every person has at least one in their lifetime. I'm hoping that I have more as the feeling is totally incredible!

About a year or so ago I began writing a book.  I chose a title and outlined the chapter headings and even started chapter one.  I liked the title but it just never felt like "it".  I kept letting it rumble around in my head and didn't get back to writing too much.

Well recently while getting ready for one of my workshops in my head I was addressing the women and telling them that I am a work in progress.  Ah-Ha, A Work In Progress, that's "it"!!!!  So I have now restructured all of my chapter headings and written a new introduction and begun new, and improved, chapters.  In that Ah-Ha moment, I also envisioned the cover of my book in relation to the theme.  It was VERY clear and visible in my head.  I couldn't be more excited about this project.  On my dreams list is to be an author and so my dream is closer than ever before.

I could never have imagined the power and impact of such a moment even if someone had asked me to describe such a thing.  I didn't force it to come, I didn't try to make it happen.  It just finally did.  I knew that I wasn't quite there but now I know for sure where to go with it.

My book will be a stand alone, self help book with fill ins from each chapter so the reader will want to really understand the context.  Then there will be a self assessment page for relating the topic to the reader's life experience.  I also plan to create a keynote program around the book that I could present at women's groups, conferences and ladies days.

Now I just need to get writing and let my book fully come to life.  I'll keep you posted.

Until next time,

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment