Thursday 15 November 2012

What a Week

This has been quite an incredible week in my life.  Right up there as one of THE most incredible weeks in my life! (The births of each of my children take top spots)

I have made so many positive, encouraging, and empowering connections that, with each one, my head simply spins.  I am hearing the same affirmations over and over again, "You can do this!", "I see your passion!."  Things are falling in to place for me to get phenomenal training and personal and business coaching.  All I can say is WOW!

My journey has brought me to this place not by chance but with work and determination to get here.  I feel that I am on the threshold of success and I just need to take those critical "next steps" to do it.  I am using every resource that I have available to me in order to do that.  I thank those who have given their time, expertise and encouragement, you've changed my world!

Let me give you a little background.  In 2001 I was a single mom working as a custodian at a private high school.  One morning while mopping the floor I decided that I wanted more out of life.  I asked myself if I wanted to retire doing that job or if I even wanted to be doing it a year from then.  The answer was very clear, "No!"  So, I took the steps I needed to take in order to move forward.  I knew I needed more education ( I only had high school) so I enrolled in college at 38 years old.  I was suffering a great lack of self esteem and self confidence so this was WAY out of my comfort zone.  The first day of classes I asked myself what I was doing there.  Ultimately I graduated and began an Administrative Assistant career.

Between 2004 and now alot has happened in my journey.  I have overcome my lack of self esteem and built up my level of confidence.  It has come from the inside out.  I determined, again, that I wanted something better for me personally.  I wanted to be stronger, healthier and happier with who I am.  I took opportunities to step outside of my comfort zone and really challenge myself.  In many cases early on it was others believing in me that gave me the faith and confidence for the challenges.  I am SO glad that I believed and took those chances.  I have grown and developed as a person and I AM healthier and happier than ever before.  The support of family, friends, peers and acquaintances makes all the difference to one's success or failure.

So here I am now at this juncture in the journey with new possibilities and challenges ahead.  A new set of "next steps" to be taken and I am ready to embrace them and forge ahead to the success that awaits me.  I am learning the steps, taking the steps and I will reap the benefits of the work I am putting into it. 

I have far too long been sitting on my dreams, it's now time to take ACTION.

A-ccountability
C-onfidence
T-rust
I-nspiration
O-utcomes
N-ever say never

Are you ready to take ACTION in your journey? 

Until next time,

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment